Stretch marks are parallel lines that appear on your skin, usually with a different colour and texture to your normal complexion. The colour range that stretch marks have might vary from bright pink to purple and then light grey. Stretch marks are slight indentation or crease on your skin which can be felt when running your fingers over them.
SOME CAUSES OF STRETCH MARKS:
- Lines of stretch marks might be visible after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks appear after there is some change in your weight.
- Sudden growth of spurt may be the reason for stretch marks.
- Marfan syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Cushing syndrome and other adrenal gland disorders may lead to stretch marks.
CERTAIN SYMPTOMS OF STRETCH MARKS:
- Sunken lines or streaks in the skin.
- Blue, red, black, pink or purple streaks.
- Bright streaks that gradually turn into light colour.
- Strips on the breasts, hips, thighs and lower abdomen.
Stretch marks usually occur due to stretching of the skin. The severity is affected by various factors that include – degree of stress, cortisone level and genetic tendency that weakens your skin’s elasticity.
HOW YOU CAN TREAT STRETCH MARKS