When the skin becomes lighter or darker than your normal complexion, this is known as pigmentation.
SOME CAUSES OF PIGMENTATION
- Increase in melanin’s hormone level
- Injury post laser treatment and result of inflammation
- Genetic pigmentation like birthmarks and freckles
- Severe sun damage
- Smoking and stress
CERTAIN SYMPTOMS OF PIGMENTATION
There are different levels of pigmentation such as hyper-pigmentation, miasma and pigment spots. Some of the common symptoms are:
- Brownish, spotted and symmetrical patch marks due to Melasma
- Light and white patches on the skin for pigment spots
- Darker spots such as moles in case of hyper-pigmentation
Some causes of pigmentation is unavoidable and hereditary, however, a proper diet and a number of skin treatments can help your skin condition. You can prevent this situation to some extent by staying healthy and leading a stress free life.