Cellulite is the herniation of fat that causes dimpling of skin and modularity. It is more common in woman due to the distribution of fat in their body, around the buttocks, thighs, and hips. Cellulite becomes apparent as you get older and is more obvious if you are overweight. An inactive lifestyle or pregnancy can boost the chances of developing cellulite.
- Hormones like thyroid, estrogen, insulin and others are responsible for cellulite formation.
- Cellulite can be traced back through your genes so it can be passed down from your parents.
- Stressful life gives rise to catecholamines level which can form cellulite in the body.
- Bumpy or dimpled skin that gives the orange peel effect.
- Mild deposit of cellulite can be seen when pinching the skin on your thighs.
- Severe cellulite provides more pronounced peaks and valleys on the skin.
This condition takes place due to several reasons starting from hormones to heredity but is completely normal and affects many people.